It's sleek, easy to pack away if the temperature spikes, and in most cases this thing is water repellent. However, the Lightweight Jacket is a cautionary tale because: its name gives it away! This piece light, and more of a Fashion statement. I only
As always, here are my tips on styling the Jacket:
- Ignore the color and go with your gut. I generally use this rule for shopping overall, but since this piece of Outerwear isn't designed to go with your outfits, avoid buying something that accommodates your entire wardrobe. It will be frustrating to do so, and you might miss out on a great find.
- Drawstrings and Belts are key! Unfortunately, all Outerwear adds unnecessary bulk but that doesn't mean you have to loose your shape. You can pick Outerwear with drawstrings or a belt to battle the budge, or you can add one from your own closet! Like this:
- My favorite length of Outerwear is above or below the hip. Like I said, the jacket adds the wrong kind of poof, and it's easy to get lost in a large piece of Nylon or other Lightweight fabrics. Jackets that hit above the hipbone highlight your hips, and below accentuates the natural curve from your waistline down. Either way you go, these lengths are pluses for us Curvy girls. ;)
|Merona® Quilted Jacket |
|Worthington® Single-Breasted Mod Coat|
|Belted Zip Cape Coat|
|a.n.a® Quilted Faux Leather Jacket|
|ELLE™ Faux-Leather Jacket|
In Other Curvy News...
- "We're surrounded by absolutely unrealistic ideas of beauty because girls in photos are, well, not real. They're the result of a hairstylist, a makeup artist, a manicurist, a personal stylist, a tailor, good lighting, correct angles....And to get that one photo that makes the cut, sometimes a thousand or more need to be taken. So, look at pictures of celebrities for artistic inspiration ... but don't think for a second that you should look like them. Because nobody does, not even them." Love who you are!
- Lady Gaga joins the Body Revolution! The pop superstar says: "My boyfriend prefers me curvier. When I eat I am healthy and not so worried about my looks, I'm happy. Happier than I've ever been." She was born this way! Via Daily Mail & @AlexandaMariaE
Thanks for visiting :)
Until next time,