Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Signed, Sealed, Delivered: He's Ours



Spoiler Alert: Barack Hussein Obama II

"We are not as divided as our politics suggest" - The Nation's 44th President

*Please Note: This post was written at 11:39 AM on November 6, 2012; that's how much faith I had in our nation and President Obama.

As an African American, Citizen of the United States of America, a Woman, a resident of Hyde Park, and a 24 year old, I couldn't be more proud of our President and the effect he's had on a generation of Millennials who want their opinion to matter. Take that Grandma's/Grandpa's of the world: we may be spoiled with technology, but we sure know how to vote.

This year I was more tight lipped about my choice for President and all the conversations surrounding the election. Not because I was embarrassed of my love for the President (isn't he dreamy?), but my choice is my own and not up for debate or criticism with anyone who disagrees with me. I'm also not on the bandwagon to hate anyone who voted for Mitt Romney. That's stupid; it's not my place to judge you or think anything less of you because your educational or economic background is different than my own.

I'm not here to get too political, fact check the debates and statements by either candidates, or address the "Celebrity President" we've come to know for the last 4 years. Although I will say, the man is a genius. If it weren't for his media tour on Jay Leno, The View, The Ryan Seacrest Show, 106 & Park and more, I don't think very many 18+ year olds would feel a connection to The Obama's, and truthfully his desire to appeal to my crowd makes me even prouder to be a young American.  I'm here for my neighbor, a man, a father, a leader who genuinely cares about the progression of a nation [regardless of color], an advocate for health care and coverage for those with preexisting health conditions, the 'crazy' idea that Women have the right to choose what goes on inside their own bodies, and the idea that the LGBT community has the right to love and be loved in the world. I'm here for President Obama, our leader of the Free World.

Thank you, Mr. President, for bringing me back to blogging.

If you are as elated as I am at the outcome of the election, feel free to show your pride with the memorabilia below. Erika Pena, I will get these earrings as soon as you make more!









Last but not least...




-TLW

0 comments:

Post a Comment