Tuesday, January 10, 2012

"I Love My Body"

Happy Tuesday!
I just had to take a moment to post this. I have, like most girls, been insecure about my body. It was a fight and a discomfort that took years to overcome, but I have never been happier when I look in the mirror. Of course there are things that I can change - we are creatures of nature things always change. But for the most part I love me and I love my curves (if I haven't drilled that into your heads enough), and you should too! I may not always agree with Christina Aguilera's style choices, but her self mantra is one that I will always stand behind. Below is an excerpt from Ms. Aguilera's new Marie Claire interview, and besides her voice and The Voice, she is an astouding advocate of loving yourself:
Source: Marie Claire

"'I've been through my highs, I've been through my lows; I've been through the gamut of all things in this business. Being too thin. Being bigger. I've been criticized for being on both sides of the scale. It's noise I block out automatically. I love my body. My boyfriend loooves my body. My son is healthy and happy, so that's all that matters to me.'

Unlike a lot of Hollywood's size-00 denizens, who obsess with near-OCD fervor over every calorie, Aguilera claims she has never been more at peace with her figure. 'I have certain physical features that I favor over others. We all have our areas,' she says. 'When I worked on Burlesque, I lost so much weight that I was too skinny. I don't weigh myself — it's all about how I feel in my clothes. What looks good on one person might not look good on another body type. I happen to be very confident in my own skin. It takes time to get to that place, but it's all about embracing yourself and your body.' " - Marie Claire

You can read more of her interview with the link below, but take some time today and kiss the mirror. You deserve it!
Until next time!


-TLW

0 comments:

Post a Comment