Wednesday, February 1, 2012

"Beautiful Super Size Voluptuousness"

One of my good friends and faithful readers, @ChiStyleMaven, pointed me in the direction of an article I had to post. Melissa McCarthy, scene stealer of the hit movie 'Bridesmaids' and star of 'Mike and Molly' on CBS, was interviewed by none other, than legendary André Leon Talley at the 2012 SAG Awards.

Melissa McCarthy in Badgley Mischka
 
My favorite part about this interview, other than her comedic forte, are the praises of her beauty. Ms. McCarthy has always dressed in a way that beams "Cinderella at the ball" and we should all adapt her sense of self worth, and confidence. Read below:

ALT: What makes a curvaceous lady like you decide to wear navy blue from Badgley Mischka?
MM: I've been wanting to wear like, a dark blue, and something a little drapier, and I said 'What about a little bit of a cowl neck?' And they said, 'Why not?'
ALT:  You know what's great about you is because of your beautiful super-size and voluptuousness, you cover it up and yet you expose a beautiful inner self-esteem, and I love that.
MM: Well, thanks! I love fashion, so it doesn't stop at ten.
ALT: It doesn't stop! It doesn't stop at ten! I'm not exactly a two myself, so it doesn't stop with us, because we love to eat! Right?
MM: Takin' a turn somewhere!
ALT: No, I don't want to take a turn. I really admire you.

Photo & Interview Credit: MTV.com, NYMag.com

Fashion never stops - be who you are. Love it and show it off!

-TLW

0 comments:

Post a Comment