Monday, November 21, 2011

American Music Awards 2011: Hottie Highlights

This post will be straight to the point - unlike the snoozefest that was last nights awards show. To be honest, I didn't know a good chunk of the songs performed - but at least there was more music than any production from MTV these days. I digress.

Of the red carpet there were 5 looks I adored (winner Jennifer Lopez scored 2) and here is why:

Photo Credit: Tom & Lorenzo & US Weekly


Queen Latifah in Georges Chakra

I love anything asymmetrical. I think what Queen did here is perfect. The colors are classic and appropriate for a formal occasion, and black is the dominant color which we all know is slimming. I am also a fan of the stripe. Horizontal shapes are hard to pull off - they lead the eye to look across the frame which in most cases, can make you look wider. The stripe here creates a much better emphasis at the top of her body.

Jennifer Lopez in Zuhair Murad

Ms. Lopez was blowin' up all over the block last night, but my favorites are the two looks in this post. While I'm not a fan of the particular hue of nude (I'm more aware that there is knitted nude covering her body, rather than the illusion of her bare skin), I am a fan of the dress overall. Again, there is asymmetry here with he hem line, but also as a lover of print I am definitely an advocate how the print is used here; it becomes closer together as you travel vertically down the dress illuminating more of her bodaciousness vs "skin". The train is also amaze.


Jennifer Hudson in Jenny Packham

These days Jennifer can wear whatever she wants, but I am glad she chose this Metallic Mini. I think the color brings out the natural light of her complexion, and she is not overstyled with makeup or jewelry. The draping is outstanding - this technique of sinching fabric causes a lot of volume in a garment, but I think it minimizes her body since the draping is done around her cleavage. There is some draping at the bottom but again, it's vertical not horizontal, which makes her look leaner in this shiny number.

Jenny McCarthy in Victoia Beckham

I told you I love vintage :) This is perhaps my favorite look . I think Jenny stands out more than the other attendees because her dress is unexpected. The purple is bright and very on trend for Fall/Winter '11 & '12 and the cut is very Vintage inspired. It's form fitted at the top with a distinguished neckline, and full circle skirt with a short hemline. Her Vintage hairstyle also tops off her look for me :)


Jennifer Lopez in Emilio Pucci

I am pretty much a fan of anything Pucci makes, and would argue that this is Vintage inspired here with the fringe. But I think my favorite aspect of this dress is that it's a Mini done right. First, there is so much going on at the top with the Fringe, Metallics and Print, that the length is slightly ignored, and those 3 aspects are all used equally among the garment. The boatneck neckline also takes away from the hemline and honestly, I think this is the sexiest way you can show off your body, without looking like this.......



Christina Aguilera in Herve Leger

Sorry Xtina :(

You can see the full list of Red Carpet's at both Tom & Lorenzo and Us Weekly.
Let me know what you guys think!
TLW



0 comments:

Post a Comment