Monday, November 14, 2011

Vintage Isn't Old

I have a THING for Vintage. I experiment with high hem lines and cleavage baring frocks, but somehow my heart always leads me back to the exquisite silhouettes of the past century. Today I purchased this dress from ASOS:
ASOS Body-Conscious Dress With Brushstroke Print
I love this dress for so many reasons! First, the print is so busy and because it is a contrast on both ends of the color spectrum, it will be sliming. Second, bright is in for Fall/Winter 2011 and the way it’s styled online with the booties would be perfect for a night out in any season. I mostly love this dress because of it’s Vintage-esque silhouette. The structure, like most Vintage pieces, is modest – your natural curves will give it life and body. The shoulders and collar are fairly broad which shows off the definition of arms and your waist line, and lastly the length is to die. It finishes off your lines and to me, the length makes this dress dramatic.

All in all Vintage, although more modest than the Body-Con and Rayon/Spandex dresses on trend now, are more flattering and contemporary in their own right. Don’t believe me? Check out these Vintage inspired dresses available in stores now: 



 

 

 

 



That's all folks!
TLW

2 comments:

  1. Vintage is so timeless.

    www.aussie-blue.com
    tweet @_MeganJoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! Thank you so much for visiting and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete