Monday, December 12, 2011

Put Your Back Into It!

Happy Monday to all my beautiful readers! It is officially 13 days until Christmas, which also means the New Year is right around the corner. Didn’t 2011 pass in the blink of an eye? Anyways, I am going to try to make the posts until the new year party related, to help put your fiercest foot forward at all your fancy soirĂ©e’s . Today’s topic: Backless Dresses!
Going backless is what I like to refer to as “Subdued Sexy”. I think my body can speak for itself which is why I’m not always a fan of extreme body hugging, or cleavage bearing frocks. At times I think those outfits are appropriate, but the hints of skin are the exposures I think are different and eye catching. Lately all I have been seeing is a lot of BACK. It’s like a surprise for those who are paying attention. Demure at first glance, but once you turn around it’s all back. All the time. But it has to be done right! Exposure in the back does not mean you can get away with it in the front too. The idea is for you to uncover, not look like your wearing a cover up! Remember these tips when trying this trend:
  • Go for High Necklines –if your dress is a mini, the neckline is a complete juxtaposition of the low cut above your behind.
  • Adorn a new length – if you are backless try calf or maxi length dresses to balance the main event.
  • Know your color palette-if you are in a mini stay with Neutrals to make the back pop. If you have more length to work with (i.e. a Maxi) Glam it up!
  •  Be sure use "Side Swept" or "Up Do" hairstyles to show of your daring back bearing.
Here’s a few of my faves:


All Saints Bali Solstice Dress

Chic-Side Street Grey Dress

Queen of Swing Black Dress

Rubber Ducky Rainy Avenues Navy Blue Dress

Rubber Ducky Tender Mirage Sequin Mermaid Dress

Issa Long Backless Dress in Black

Put a few of these on your lists to Santa, and stand out in all the right ways for NYE!

Until next time,
TLW!


0 comments:

Post a Comment