Thursday, December 29, 2011

NYE MEGAPOST: It's Never Too Late!

Hello Darling Divas!

This is the last post of two thousand and eleven, and I wanted to go out with a BANG! Since we don't have a lot of time, this NYE MEGAPOST is going to get straight to the point and cover all our bases. Stay tuned, you won't be sorry in the end :)

First and foremost - know your retailers! Being Thursday, a lot of stores are offering free shipping up until 12/31: Free 2Day Shipping @ Shopbop.com and a lot of your local stores are having insane sales: Up to 75% off at H&M. But other than bargain hunting here are my tips for pulling together this NYE:

Makeup
I'm a MAC girl for life! The products are quality and last forever. Some of these products I've had for months but I am mostly a fan of the colors. While you can wear whichever brand of makeup suits you, below are my tips tips and tricks for makeup application :)

Primer
Prep & Prime Eye
I live and die by this stuff. This is the first step in creating a perfect eye. If you plan on a smokey eye, blending shadows, or using more than eyeliner, using primer first will make your look last overnight!


This is one of my simple eye looks. It doesn't take a lot of product, it has a slight shimmer and brightens up your lids for a fresh and youthful look. I am wearing: Sephora Nano Eyeliner in Pearl Beige, MAC Penultimate Eyeliner, and MAC Expensive Pink Eyeshadow.






This eye I consider "Technicolor". I picked the subtle colors of my outfits and brought them out with blending the shades, and adding a bit of black to the outer corners for a Smokey effect. It can be done with any color, but I love this idea! Even if you are wearing black and white, you can jazz it up with color on the lids. I am wearing, MAC eye shadows: Hepcat, Carbon, and Aquadisiac, and MAC Penultimate Eyeliner.


I like this lip because it is Nude with a twist. Enough color to combine with any of the previous eyeshadows, but not overpowering. I am wearing MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick & MAC Absolutely It Pro Longwear Pencil.     
This last look is my favorite - I would call it "Hollywood Glam". It combines a full face of makeup with that sexy Red Lip and I think it's done just right. I am wearing MAC Eyeshadows Carbon and Gesso, MAC Penultimate Eyeliner, and MAC Red Ruby Woo Lipstick. This is the best red lipstick I have tried!

The Fits!


Ok so we've got Let It Shine , Let Me See Your Hips, SWING, Put Your Back Into It!, & Glitter Is A Girl's BFF as style inspiration. But for those of you who want to go balls to the walls with party dresses, here are my super sexy suggestions:

Divide and Contour Color Block Strapless Dress   
 Colorblocking can never go wrong, and the black lines always add a slimming effect.
Lyric Poetry Lace Fuchsia Pink Dress
 Very Vintage feel and the contrast of the lace adds my "Subdued Sexy" effect that I love :)
Vivian Ward Teal and Purple Dress
This dress has a sexy cutout and the contrast of the Hunter and Violet allows you to do a multitude of colors with your accessories.
Dress with Scalloped Iridescent Sequins
This is a modern version of the Flapper Dress with the faved NYE glam: Sequins!

Accessories
Last but not least: Jewelry! I love a BIG statement necklace. There's so much attention drawn to your neck, you hardly need any other jewels! Here are some statement pieces to end the year right:

Micha Design Long Tassel Statement Necklace

Nakamol Design 'Cleo' Beaded Collar Necklace

Micha Design Agate Tooth Statement Necklace
Forever 21 Panel Bib Necklace

Here you go! Happy Stylish New Year!


I wish you all a great and prosperous New Year, and wanted to thank you for taking the time to read my blog - you guys are Savvy Readers :)


See you in 2012!

-TLW

0 comments:

Post a Comment